SSC designs, launches, tests and operates space and aerospace systems.
SSC’s activities are carried out by five divisions:
Space Systems Division
Science Services Division
Rocket launch services
Balloon launch services
Aerospace Services Division
Flight test services
Satellite Operations Division
Ground station services
Maritime surveillance systems
The group has 660 employees.
SSC operates at five facilities in Sweden:
– Solna (head office and engineering center)
– Esrange Space Center, Kiruna
(launch and test services and satellite communication)
– Vidsel (test services for aerospace systems)
– Ågesta (teleport services)
– Salmijärvi (satellite operations for ESA)
The company also has a representative office in Beijing, China.
SSC is the full-owner of four subsidiaries with facilities in and outside Sweden, see below.
SSC owns 100% of
– NanoSpace (Sweden) which develops micro-mechanical systems
– ECAPS (Sweden) which develops a non-hazardous propulsion system
– LSE (Germany, The Netherlands, Spain, Dubai), space operations consultancy
– SSC Chile (Santiago, Chile), satellite station
– Universal Space Network, USN (USA, Australia), space operations services
SSC is a partowner of the Canadian space operations company PrioraNet Canada.
SSC was founded by the Swedish government in 1972. It is wholly owned by the Swedish state and administered by the Ministry of Finance.